The YMCA is a Christian Movement which seeks to unite those who, regarding Jesus Christ as their God and Saviour according to the Holy Scriptures, desire to be His disciples in their faith and in their life, and to associate their efforts for the extension of His Kingdom.
It welcomes into its fellowship persons of all religious faiths and of none.
In accordance with its Christian values the YMCA stands for:
- a worldwide fellowship based on the equal value of all persons
- respect and freedom for all, tolerance and understanding between people of different opinions
- active concern for the needs of the community
- united effort by Christians of different traditions
As the expression of its Christian purposes the YMCA aims to:
- provide a welcome to its members for themselves in a meeting place which is theirs to share, where friendships can be made and counsel sought
- develop activities which stimulate and challenge members in an environment that enables them to take responsibility to find a sense of achievement
- involve all members in the care and work for others
- create opportunities for exchanging views so that members can improve their understanding of the world, of themselves and of one another