Want to change the future?
All young people have huge potential but many struggle to achieve it because they lack the resources or self- belief or an example to inspire them. Could you coach, challenge and inspire a young person to make the most of their future?
If you think you might have what it takes to work alongside young people in housing, helping them to raise their aspirations , develop new skills and take up opportunities – and you’d like a job where no two days are the same -then we’d love to hear from you! Come and work as part of our local team as YMCA develops new services and opportunities for young people in Mendip & South Somerset. A background in Youth Work, community education, teaching, counselling or supported housing can be really helpful but most important is creativity, energy , determination and an ability to relate positively to vulnerable and sometimes challenging young people.
Youth and Community Administrator
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £7637 per year
Contract Type: Fixed term until 31/03/2020
To provide administrative support to enable the smooth running of the YMCA Mendip & South Somerset’s Youth and Community work.
The post holder will:
- be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
- be able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
If you would like to apply for any of our current vacancies you will need to fill out one of our application forms. To apply, please click on the following link: https://ymcamendip.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=baabdc79-f0bf-4e9e-b144-39d9abdc655d
If you would like to get more information about the job, please contact 01749 679553 and ask to speak to Mark Willcox.
Closing Date for Applications: 30th June 2019
Salary – £17, 901per year
Full time – 37.5 hours/week
Location of Work: Yeovil
Type of contract: Fixed term for 3 months
We support young people aged 16 – 25 who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
Support the housing management function within the accommodation units liaising closely with the support team. You will also work directly with young people to ensure they adhere to their licence or tenancy and maintain their individual rent accounts satisfactorily.
The post holder will:
- Provide housing management, rent accounting and administration support to young people and staff.
- Administer rent and housing benefit accounts
- Housing management tasks
- Enforce organisations: policies, procedures, Licence/Tenancy agreements
- Health & Safety Appointed Person for the site carrying out specified
- H & S checks to ensure compliance to organisational and legislative requirements
- Have a positive and creative approach to engaging vulnerable and challenging young people
- Enjoy a varied and hands on role with no two days the same
- Be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS and check of the ISA Vetting & Barring Scheme
- Be able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
In return we offer:
5 weeks annual leave plus bank/public holidays
Auto enrolment stakeholder pension scheme
Training to support you in your role
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for any of our current vacancies you will need to fill out one of our application forms, as we unfortunately do not accept CV’s. To apply, please click on the link as follows:
Closing date for application form: 18/06/2019
Interview dates: TBC
For an informal chat about this role please contact Vanessa Orton on 01749 679553 ext. 2834
Vacancy – Relief Workers across Mendip and South Somerset
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
Relief Workers play an important and valuable role in covering staff absences and in ensuring continuity of support to Young people and clients with whom we work with in the district of Mendip.
We ask that all candidates are able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
Vacancies: Relief Workers required for Supported Housing and Youth Work across all sites in Mendip and in South Somerset
Rate of Pay:
- The rate will be £9.74 per hour + accumulated holiday pay, i.e. £10.88 per hour.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have experience in working with young people
- Have efficient and organised recording and administrative skills
- Are prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS and check of the ISA Vetting & Barring Scheme
- Are a car driver with a clean driving license and access to transport
- Are able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its’ values.
How to apply:
CV’s will not be accepted. To apply please click on the link below and complete and return an application form:
For an informal conversation about this role please contact Abby or Jane on 01749 679553 option 4
A&E Services (UK) Ltd in partnership with YMCA Mendip are seeking to recruit:
3 x Concierge Officers for YMCA Mendip’s Supported Housing Projects
The successful candidates will be required to work nights & weekends to within a varied shift pattern
Salary rate: £8.50 per hour
We are looking for 3 staff members to join our team working between FROME – SHEPTON MALLETT – STREET & WELLS
If you have good communication skills, are a positive thinking and have the ability to adapt to an ever changing environment we would like to hear from you.
Candidates must hold a valid S.I.A. Licence & A First Aid qualification
The duties include ensuring the safety of the residents, liaising with the customer support team and emergency services as & when required, monitoring internal CCTV, patrolling the premises, dealing with incidents and residents issues in a timely and appropriate manner, monitoring the movements of all visitors in & out of the buildings.
Full training will be provided to carry out this role.
Please apply only by sending your CV and a covering letter to Richard Readman at A & E Services (UK) Ltd
act Fern Pearce on 01749 679553 option 4