Want to change the future?
All young people have huge potential but many struggle to achieve it because they lack the resources or self- belief or an example to inspire them. Could you coach, challenge and inspire a young person to make the most of their future?
If you think you might have what it takes to work alongside young people in housing, helping them to raise their aspirations , develop new skills and take up opportunities – and you’d like a job where no two days are the same -then we’d love to hear from you! Come and work as part of our local team as YMCA develops new services and opportunities for young people in South Somerset. A background in Youth Work, community education, teaching, counselling or supported housing can be really helpful but most important is creativity, energy , determination and an ability to relate positively to vulnerable and sometimes challenging young people.
2 P2I Support Workers
We currently have the following two vacancies:
2 P2I Support Workers: One for Street Foyer & one for Frome Foyer
Fixed term until 31st December 2019
Salary: £20,398 pa
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week on average
You will be required to work on a rota which includes days, evenings and weekends within our supported housing project and dispersed accommodation units
The post holder will:
- be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
- be able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
To apply, please click on the link below: https://ymcamendip.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=699ff681-676b-485b-bd23-2bce2e9ee293
Closing date: 28th October Midnight
Interviews: 5th November
Volunteer Role Description – Youth worker – Mendip and South Somerset areas
What are our Youth Clubs’ purposes?
Throughout its youth clubs in the Mendip and the South Somerset areas, YMCA Mendip delivers a curriculum of learning led by young people in creative engaging formats. These range from health and wellbeing, politics, relationships and personal safety to our relationship with the wider world.
Volunteers enable us to offer even more to the young people at the clubs.
What will I be doing?
Tasks could involve:
- Meeting and greeting and taking entrance money on the door, making our visitors feel welcome,
- General youth work, signposting, giving advice
- Helping with a specific activity like sport, gardening, music, self-defense or cooking.
- Providing young service users with a suitable role model.
- Working within the principles of YMCA Mendip’s Youth Involvement Strategy to ensure all young people are encouraged to participate and be involved in decision making and consulted on relevant matters in relation to Routes.
- Maintaining a positive approach that promotes the work of YMCA Mendip and both within and outside the workplace.
What skills do I need?
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Ability to relate to, understand and communicate with young people.
- Ability to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Strong customer care skills or the ability to develop them.
- Security and safety conscious.
What support will I be given?
- A general induction.
- Training on day to day tasks.
- Feedback on how I am doing.
What personal benefits can I expect?
- Opportunity to develop new and existing skills and gain valuable experience.
- A character reference when required.
- Opportunity to meet new people.
- Personal fulfilment in knowing you are making a difference to young peoples’ lives.
If you would like to apply for our Youth workers role, you will need to fill out one of our application forms, as we unfortunately do not accept CV’s. To apply, please visit our website: https://www.mendipymca.org.uk/get-involved/job-vacancies/
If you are successful at your interview with one of our team leaders in youth work, we will undergo an enhanced DBS for you.
Vacancy – Relief Workers across Mendip and South Somerset
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
Relief Workers play an important and valuable role in covering staff absences and in ensuring continuity of support to Young people and clients with whom we work with in the district of Mendip.
We ask that all candidates are able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
Vacancies: Relief Workers required for Supported Housing and Youth Work across all sites in Mendip and in South Somerset
Rate of Pay:
- The rate will be £9.74 per hour + accumulated holiday pay, i.e. £10.88 per hour.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have experience in working with young people
- Have efficient and organised recording and administrative skills
- Are prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS and check of the ISA Vetting & Barring Scheme
- Are a car driver with a clean driving license and access to transport
- Are able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its’ values.
How to apply:
CV’s will not be accepted. To apply please click on the link below and complete and return an application form:
For an informal conversation about this role please contact Fern Pearce on 01749 679553 option 4
A&E Services (UK) Ltd in partnership with YMCA Mendip are seeking to recruit:
3 x Concierge Officers for YMCA Mendip’s Supported Housing Projects
The successful candidates will be required to work nights & weekends to within a varied shift pattern
Salary rate: £8.50 per hour
We are looking for 3 staff members to join our team working between FROME – SHEPTON MALLETT – STREET & WELLS
If you have good communication skills, are a positive thinking and have the ability to adapt to an ever changing environment we would like to hear from you.
Candidates must hold a valid S.I.A. Licence & A First Aid qualification
The duties include ensuring the safety of the residents, liaising with the customer support team and emergency services as & when required, monitoring internal CCTV, patrolling the premises, dealing with incidents and residents issues in a timely and appropriate manner, monitoring the movements of all visitors in & out of the buildings.
Full training will be provided to carry out this role.
Please apply only by sending your CV and a covering letter to Richard Readman at A & E Services (UK) Ltd
act Fern Pearce on 01749 679553 option 4